There’s a lot of tree maintenance homeowners can do themselves, such as trimming reachable limbs and tearing out unwanted shrubs. But some tasks, like stump removal, are more complex and dangerous. The safest route you can take is to hire a tree care specialist who has the skills, knowledge and equipment to remove tree stumps.
For one reason or another, not every homeowner will take out the stump after a tree is cut down. You can have your tree specialist remove the tree and stump at the same time, or wait and decide later. If you’re undecided about whether removing a stump from your yard is the right move, read on! Here are six good reasons to consider investing in stump removal in Santa Ana, CA:
- Stumps take away from aesthetics: Visible tree stumps around your yard are not benefiting your property’s curb appeal. Tree stumps look completely out of place, making your yard appear chaotic and unkempt. If you want your yard to look presentable, have stumps removed.
- Stumps are hazardous: All size tree stumps pose a hazard to children, adults and pets. Running children can trip over stumps, and if someone who doesn’t live in your home sustains injuries after a trip and fall over a tree stump in your yard, you could be held legally liable for their injury.
- Stumps attract insects: Some bugs and insects are good for plants, but old tree stumps won’t be attracting ladybugs, butterflies and bees. A stump takes a long time to decay and completely decompose, and it’s during the decaying process that less pleasant insects move in and reproduce. Termites are the worst. They can cause damage to the outside of your house and yard, and may even wreak havoc on the inside structure of your house.
- Stumps contribute to new tree growth: A still-healthy tree stump that’s exposed to sunlight and water may cause new tree growth on the stump, or new sprouts may pop up around the tree stump. Soon you’ll notice little trees starting to grow! Young sprouts can make your yard look unattractive and ruin your landscape. While you can successfully remove a lot of new tree growth, you can also avoid it all together by choosing stump removal in Santa Ana, CA early on.
- Stumps make yard work difficult: Regardless if a tree stump in your yard is tall or flush with the ground, stumps can make gardening, mowing and other yard chores harder. Hitting a stump with a lawn mower will ruin the blades, but can also get in the way of your landscaping and planting desires.
- Stumps take up usable space: The stump and root system of a large tree can take up a great deal of yard space, even in large yards. If stumps are occupying the space where you want to put in a garden or set up a picnic table or fire pit, look into having them removed.
Do you need professional stump removal in Santa Ana, CA? Make sure to contact the experts at ArborWest. We specialize in tree trimming, tree removal, stump removal and more. Call us today to learn more or schedule an appointment!
Categorised in: Stump Removal